It is possible to use the OmniBridge UI to transfer any ERC20 from Ethereum to xDai. Any user can initiate this initial transfer. Once the token exists on xDai, it can be transferred back and forth using the same UI.
In this example, we transfer the Basic Attention Token (BAT) from Ethereum to xDai. When we start, this token does not yet exist on xDai. It takes less than 5 minutes and some ETH for gas fees.
1) Go to the OmniBridge UI at https://omni.xdaichain.com/
Connect your MetaMask to Ethereum Mainnet
Select the Token you want to transfer (here we select BAT) and enter the amount.
Click Unlock to approve account interaction.
2) Confirm the transaction to approve Omnibridge.
3) Once approve TX is complete, you can now Transfer BAT to BAT on xDai. Click Transfer.
4) Press Confirm to approve the transfer and pay the gas fees. These may be expensive depending on network congestion. We recommend checking current gas prices (https://ethgas.watch/), and it also may make sense to bridge over a larger amount of tokens in a single transaction.
5) The bridge transaction will begin to process. While you are waiting for block confirmations, you can click on the ALM monitor link to view progress with your transfer.
6) Transfer processing in ALM.
7) After a successful transfer, you can check the token on BlockScout to see that it exists. Check Bridged tokens at https://blockscout.com/poa/xdai/bridged-tokens.
a. Prior to transaction
b. After transaction
Guide was taken from Tokenbridge. For more information regarding the bridge, please refer to docs.tokenbridge.net.